Site Investigation Techniques
STATS has a strong alliance with Specialist Drilling and Excavation contractors in the development of sampling and testing techniques to carry out shallow to deep drilling programs. Various types of techniques involved include:
- Diamond core drilling, with Standard Penetration tests (SPT)
- Solid auger borehole drilling
- Hand auger borehole drilling
- Cone Penetration Tests and probing (CPT truck)
- Backhoe / excavator to carry out shallow test pits for bulk sampling work.
STATS also provide Geophysics Survey, Engineering Survey and Underground Service Detection work through a group of preferred suppliers.
STATS has a core group of Engineering Geologists and Geotech Engineers who focus on the provision of a practical and economical solution to solve any simple to complex Geotechnical situations.